Following are sample talking points for use in your discussions either vocal or written on medical marijuana. Back round material to support these talking points can be found in the subject pages ex: 'FDA LIES', 'NOT GATEWAY'.
We have to change the mindset of people to get medical marijuana legislation which will be introduced soon passed. To do so it's important we, including you, keep a steady stream of conversation going on the subject throughout all media avenues. Talk to your legislators and their staffs. Write them a letter. Write a commentary or letter to the editor of your local newspaper. After a little while write another letter to the editor from a different perspective. Call radio talk shows and introduce the subject.
It's up to you to spread the truth.
- You have pain and sufferings the pills prescribed by your doctor don't cover. Using marijuana comforts and eases the pain and sufferings that the pills don't.
- As a Pennsylvania citizen you have the Inherent Constitutional Right to treat yourself medicinally with what you find comforts, cures and eases your pain and sufferings. (Article 1 Section 1 Pennsylvania Constitution)
- Technically you don't need the governments permission to treat yourself medicinally with marijuana. The legislator has a duty to protect your(our) constitutional right by passing legislation decriminalizing medical marijuana use and an obligation to oversee and set up a safe distribution system.
- How much more blatant could a lie be? The FDA asks the Institute of Medicine to determine if marijuana has any medicinal benefit. The IOM report back marijuana has medicinal benefit for a variety of ailments. The FDA claims there is no proof marijuana has any medicinal benefit. How much more blatant could a lie be?
- The jobs of the people propagating against marijuana are at stake. Persecuting people for marijuana possession employees tens of thousands of people in government jobs. If marijuana is decriminalized for medical reasons thousands of these people will be out of work. They are promoting lies to protect their jobs.
- Due to the intricate chemical compositions of marijuana it is impossible to duplicate into a pill. Consequently legalizing the medicinal use of marijuana is not in the interest of heavy campaign contributors like big pharma companies.
- 76% of the people in Pennsylvania support medical marijuana legislation.
- Those who say marijuana is the gateway to other drugs are ignoring government reports which state marijuana is not a gateway to other drugs.
- Less people who use marijuana do harder drugs than people who use alcohol and nicotine. Put another way - more people who do harder drugs graduated from alcohol and nicotine than from marijuana.
- As of this writing, at least ten other states are in the process of passing medical marijuana laws of their own as well. New Mexico is the most recent to pass legislation. Clearly a large majority of Americans support allowing sick and dying patients access to marijuana.